Texas Holdem Poker has become the most popular variety of Poker in the world, thanks largely to televised Poker tournaments. It’s a challenging, exiting game and the more you play the more interesting it will get.
If you happen to be interested in learning the game then you’ve come to the right place as we’ve compiled a list of handy Poker tips, to get you started.
- Have each player in turn assume the role of the dealer. The position is known as the button and it basically rotates in a clockwise manner after every hand is completed.
- The next two players towards the left of the dealer or “button” will be considered as the small blind and big blind respectively. These players are the only ones that will be required to have money placed in the pot before the cards are even dealt.
- Once the game starts, each player will receive “hole cards” or cards that are placed face down.
- The player to the left of the “big blind” will be the first to act, and that means he will start the first betting round.
- After the first round of betting is completed, the dealer will place three cards on the table face up, and these cards are known as the “flop”.
- After the “flop” is dealt, the second round of betting begins. The first person to place a bet is the one to the left of the dealer.
- After the second betting round, a fourth card is flipped face up by the dealer and this card is called the “turn”.
- The third round of betting then resumes and it will again start with the person seated left of the dealer.
- Once the third round of betting is completed, the “river” or the fifth community card is flipped by the dealer face up on the table.
- This signals the start of fourth round of betting and it will again begin with the remaining player to the left side of the dealer. This is the last round and it is where the final outcome of game is decided.